Each of our principals has a long track record of delivering high-impact, sustainable results in the most complex of environments, including some of the following accomplishments
- Wrote the book on manufacturing and services
- Designed public sector cloud computing strategy for world’s largest software company
- Raised $25 million for media investments
- Launched first open Internet mobile service and Google’s first mobile presence
- Assisted major American and Japanese companies in developing their international expansion strategies
- Designed strategy and built out a 400-person global account sales organization
- Managed one of the United States’ largest newsroom operations
- Drove global ISO standardization for world’s most popular electronic document format
- Created an influential think tank that has widely influenced thinking on the new networked economy
- Adviser to national research laboratories developing policy for industry development
- Led study with an international organization on “Enabling ICT for Innovation Development”
- Early investor and director in largest mobile news content provider in United States
- Provided expert testimony to United States congressional inquiry on protection of journalists
- Adviser to several leading governments on Information Architecture strategies and policies
John Zysman Ph.D.
John Zysman is a founding partner at Innovia Ventures. Through his academic work and role as adviser to senior policymakers, government leaders and company executives, John has played a leading role in developing the trade, innovation and service strategies for central challenges in today’s global economy. John is co-founder of the Berkeley Roundtable on the International Economy, through which his thought-provoking work helps shape policy and strategy on trade and industry in the United States, Asia, and Europe. Learn More
David Hytha is an experienced wireless executive and entrepreneur with a track record of building leading-edge firms in the wireless communications sector. David also serves as Executive in Residence at the venture-capital firm Sofinnova Ventures and as a member of the boards of directors of several private and public companies including Option Ltd. of Belgium (EuroNext: OPTI). Previously he served as Executive Vice President, Terminals for T-Mobile. Learn More
Danny Breznitz Ph.D.
Danny Breznitz is an Associate Professor at Georgia Institute of Technology’s Sam Nunn School of International Affairs and the College of Management. He completed his Ph.D. at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Dr. Breznitz has extensive experience in conducting comparative in-depth research of Rapid-Innovation-Based Industries and their globalization. His first book, “Innovation and the State: Political Choice and Strategies for Growth in Israel, Taiwan, and Ireland” (Yale University Press), won the 2008 Don K. Price award for best book on Science and Technology, given by APSA, and was a finalist for the 2007 best book of the year award in political science by ForeWord Magazine. Learn More
Hellmuth Broda Ph.D.
Hellmuth Broda held a variety of Chief Technology Officer (CTO) positions at Sun Microsystems Inc. for more than 13 years. He served three years as Country Technology Manager-Switzerland and then assumed international functions as CTO Europe, Middle East and Africa. From there, he moved to a new role as European CTO, Corporate Strategic Insight Office. His distinguished career at Sun Microsystems included winning the 2005 Chairman’s Innovation Award. Until 2008 he served as CTO for Global Government Strategy, where he focused on designing open systems policies for national and regional governments. Learn More